Friday, May 6, 2016

How Does She Do It?



Yes, the age old question that we sometimes ask ourselves, or even ask out loud.  I've thought it, you've thought it, we've all thought it at some point: "How does she do it?"

I know the term "mommy wars" gets a lot of press these days, and before you tune out because you've heard enough about mommy wars.... this post is not about that.  I think that as much as we talk about moms tearing each other down, sometimes, or even frequently, we can be our own worst critic.

I thought about this the other day, a friend of mine said to me "I don't know how you do it, working full time, going to school, busy mom.....  I could never handle all of that".  It made me smile, because just says before, I was thinking the same about her: mom of 2, busy job, busy social life, I don't know how she does it.

I think we all have moments when we think to ourselves "I don't know what I'm doing", or feel frustrated or overwhelmed.  And while we all have those moments, I think we also are far too critical of ourselves for having those moments.

I think it's great to recognize other great moms that you know in your life.  Know someone that's doing a great job?  Fantastic!  It's great to have good moms and friends.  Just remember, you are a great mom too.  We're all just doing the best we can for our kids.  We may all have different methods of getting there, but ultimately, we're all just trying to do right by our children.

All of this to say, take a breath, take a bow, take a moment for yourself.... and pat yourself on the back, mom, you're doing a good job.


No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Tips for Summer Travel on a Budget

Winter is over (although, I know for some, it feels like it's still here).  We are now approaching summer.  We're on the "downw...