Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My Travel Addiction

So, I literally can picture my husband reading the title of this post, rolling his eyes and saying "well this isn't exactly earth shattering news is it".  My close friends and family can all tell you that I have a problem.  I am always looking in to our next vacation.


Most people have some kind of hobby, for many it may be things like scrapbooking, knitting, painting, running, or a any number of things, for me, it's vacation hunting.   I liken this to when people say they love bargain shopping, it's the thrill of finding a good deal.

I've totally bought in to the idea that gifts of memories are better than "things".  Now, when I say that, I'm not saying that in a judgmental "people are too materialistic" kind of way.  It's all about preference.  Just as some people may like to receive jewelry or a good book, or a new pair of sneakers.... I like anything to do with travel.  We've made a shift from buying each other gifts at Christmas to putting money towards family vacations.

I regularly check airlines, travel agency sites and discount sites like Priceline, Expedia, etc, for travel deals.  Some people hate the process of planning vacations, but I thrive in it.  Wanderlust is a permanent state of mind for me.  And I'm ok with that.

My favourite vacations have included Disney and Cuba....but I also love when we have "staycations".  I think when you live somewhere it's easy to overlook the reasons tourists visit your area.  I try to make an active effort to explore my own city.

Below are some of my favourite vacation and staycation pictures.








Do you have any favourite destinations?  Travel Tips?  I would love to hear them!  Leave your tips in the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Tips for Summer Travel on a Budget

Winter is over (although, I know for some, it feels like it's still here).  We are now approaching summer.  We're on the "downw...