Thursday, July 27, 2017

Why Are You Posting Sweaty Selfies?

The title of this post is a question I actually was asked a couple weeks ago.  That's when I started posting post workout pictures on my Instragram (and sometimes my Twitter and Facebook pages).  It's a strange thing to do, I know.  But I thought I would share my thinking behind it.



One of my many Instagram posts. 

In January, I went though a time that I was working out a few days a week, and felt like I was on a role, then I took a break for a few days, that turned in to a week, that turned in to a month... you get the picture.  So, when I decided to get back on track this month, I tried to think of ways to keep myself accountable.  Weight loss group meetings don't work for me, as I find it challenging to get there with my school, travel and mom schedule.  And asking my husband to check in with me to make sure I've exercised probably wouldn't end well.  So, I decided to post a bit about my fitness journey on social media, and it quickly became something that was motivating me!

I know there is likely no one that's going to message me to say "where is your sweaty picture today", but the idea that I post one most days of the week has been enough of a motivation to keep me going.  In my own mind, I have to post a new picture most days of the week.  It may seem like a strange way to motivate myself, but it's working for me.

How do you motivate yourself to stay active?  Feel free to share in the comments section, or connect with me on social media:

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha. It is. But just to point out that we all have our own motivators. Mine happens to be that I need to post a post-workout picture every time I workout to keep myself accountable. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I feel motivated to stay active because I know that on the days I do a good workout...I feel so wonderful, energetic, and successful (one step closer to achieving GOALS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! That's a great motivator!! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you. If posting after workout pictures help please do so. We can keep you encouraged every day. Keep up the good work. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's hard to stay motivated sometimes. We all need to find our own motivation to stay active.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. Juliana

    ReplyDelete

7 Tips for Summer Travel on a Budget

Winter is over (although, I know for some, it feels like it's still here).  We are now approaching summer.  We're on the "downw...