Sunday, April 14, 2019

Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my blog!  Perhaps you have been here before, in which case, welcome back!
My name is Katie, aka the Overtired Mama.  I started this blog many years ago, when my little girl was a baby.  When I started this blog, I didn't know exactly what it was going to be, so it's had a lot of transitions.  My posts ranged from ramblings about parenthood, recipes, product review, crafts, entertainment, and more!  But over the years, the topic that always seemed to make its way in to my cycle was travel.



I did some family travel as a child with my family, and traveled with friends as a teen, and I made some amazing memories over the years.  Now, as an adult, I love those moments of making memories while on holiday with loved ones.  Vacation offers the opportunity to connect with friends and family, away from your usual every day stressors and distractions.  That is why I love travel.



As my desire to travel has grown, so has my need to budget.  My personal discovery was that the more budget conscious I am when I travel, the more money I have left over to save towards future trips!  My interest in budget conscious travel has grown in to a passion.  Now, I don't just love saving money myself, I love helping others snag a good travel deal.



I often get asked: "Why are you doing this?  Isn't it torture to research vacations you can't go on?", or "Are you a travel agent? Are you trying to get me to sign up for a time share?"  The answers to these questions are simple - I do this because I LOVE travel.  Even if I can't go on a vacation, just the simple act of researching vacations gives me some good daydream material.  I also think of it as bargain shopping.  I love to find a good deal!  While my target is not clothing or furniture, it's vacations!  And I love the share the deals I find in the event that someone can take advantage of it! I seriously love it when people tell me they booked something because of a tip I shared!



I am not a travel agent, I don't work for a loyalty points/rewards program, I don't sell time shares, and I'm not sharing reviews of places because someone paid me to say something good about it.  All of my content is just from my genuine interest/passion for travel.

You may find that I share a lot of information about the Air Miles program, but that's because I use it.  I don't work for them.  I just love the program!

All of my tips and tricks may not work for everyone.  People may think that some of the tips I offer are not really earth shattering.  In the end, I'm just trying to share my experiences to help people achieve their travel goals, make their travel bucket lists, and have fun!

With all of that said, this passion has allowed me to re-focus this blog back to what I love to talk about most - travel.  So welcome to my new and improved blog.  I hope you find the information useful, and I hope you find some great deals along the way.  If something I have shared has helped you, please share your experience with me, and your friends.  I love to hear those stories!

Here's how you can connect with me:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/overtiredmama/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Overtired_Katie
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/katie_nb/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALbkp0JDTeaNaI6Inwo02A?

1 comment:

7 Tips for Summer Travel on a Budget

Winter is over (although, I know for some, it feels like it's still here).  We are now approaching summer.  We're on the "downw...